Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cute and Cuddly

Hello everyone,

A super quick post as I will surely be turning into a pumpkin soon if I don't go to bed.  A new challenge starts today over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and this month our theme is 'cute and cuddly using non-traditional colours.'  Could it get any more complicated?  I assure you I had absolutely nothing to do with choosing this theme... Ok, it might be mostly my fault.  But hopefully you will be inspired to play along anyway :)  and be one Christmas card closer to freedom in December.  Here is what I came up with:


Supplies:

Stamps - House Mouse, sentiment by LOTV
Paper - a scrap from my stash
Colouring - distress inks (black soot, tattered rose, seedless preserves)
Dies - Spellbinders timeless rectangles & poinsettia, Memory box flourish (cut apart)
Other - pearls

Our fab sponsor, Flat Friends is offering one lucky winner their choice of 4 digis, so come and play!



I would like to enter my card in these fun challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - I for image
Winter Wonderland - four legged friends

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.  I appreciate each one and love having the chance to visit you too.

Hugs, 

Dawn


16 comments:

Hazel said...

Very attractive card - thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Sue said...

Awwwww I love that image, definitely cute and cuddly. Gorgeous colours and beautiful flowers too
hugs Sue xx

Misty's said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christmas card,Dawn!! Those mice are soooo adorable. Love the timeless rectangles
Michaela xx

Tracey T said...

This is such a cutie - love those wee mice! Hugs, Tracey x

Unknown said...

Aaawww, such cute little mice! That´s a really sweet and most adorable card Dawn! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

downrightcrafty said...

thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

downrightcrafty said...

hiya hun, gorgeous card and thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Jessi Fogan said...

This card is adorable :) I've never slept in Christmas lights but I've definitely been tempted to give up untangling them & lay down...lol!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute and gorgeous colours. Thanks for playing at WW

downrightcrafty said...

Popping back as it was so lovely to see this the first time simply wonderful design and use of the image
Hugs Kate x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I think this card is adorable Dawn, especially love the colours. X

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So adorable, love the sweet house mouse image and die cut frame and flowers are gorgeous
Lindsay xx

fairyrocks said...

Very sweet card Dawn, Your Christmas list recipients are lucky indeed.
Keep smiling and creating

Donna Heber said...

Hi Dawn,

Your card is adorable and I love that die-cut. Have a great day.

Donna Ellis said...

A great way of using this HM image, Dawn. While all the design elements are fabulous, I am especially taken with the simplicity of the colors - and the gentle glow of the Christmas tree lights. It's beautiful - and has been pinned! hugs, de

Linda Pekrul said...

"Cute and cuddly" is right ... how adorable are they tucked inside their Christmas lights!! Sweet little card!