Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tick Tock, Time for...

Hello everyone!

I'm back again with another project!  I was so excited when I was invited to be a guest designer at Top Tip Tuesday that I guess I got a little overzealous and I made two projects!  The theme this fortnight is anything but a card.  The talented DT have come up with some beautiful projects, so please pop over to check them out.  I hope you are able to join in!

For my second project, I created a clock for my crafting room.  Sometimes I get a little carried away and stay up a little late crafting, so now I have no excuses!  We'll see how it goes... 
Supplies:

Clock - paper mache box, clock parts (movement and needles available at Lee Valley )
Paper - 300g hot pressed watercolour paper, basic grey dp
Stamps - Magnolia
Ink - Images where stamped with black stazon and coloured with Distress ink (antique linen, walnut stain, bundled sage, pumice stone, tumbled glass and black soot)
Other - box was painted green to match the dp, flowers are from pretty petals and where inked with antique linen, ribbon, lace from Kaiser, large wood beads for feet (which where painted white with watered down acrylic paint), Stampin up antique brads, and finally the clock face - I could not find one that I both liked and that was the right size, so this one is computer generated, printed onto acetate and layered in front of the image.

Here are a few more angles:



I would like to enter my clock in the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under - anything but a card
Magnolia-licious Highlights - lots of luscious lace bloghop
Scrapbooker's Paradise Playing in Paradise Challenge - Fabulous Flowers
Simply Magnolia - Use two image stamps
ABC Challenge - N for neutral

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment!  I appreciate all your comments and love to visit you back!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Hugs,

Dawn

24 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this is just amazing!
Clelia

Notes by Nina said...

Wow, what a stunning clock. Love all the fantastic details. Thank you for Playing in Paradise.

Anja said...

Wow this is fab!!!
i love it all.thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

Anja

Andrea said...

A very wonderful work! I like it so much! Great color and design!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41
P.S. Send you a mail :)

Janette said...

Hi Dawn, This is stunning and a fabulous idea...I think I will be making one for my Grandaughter if she see's this....Hope your keeping well.xx

Anonymous said...

Well first, congrats on the Guest Spot! Good for you!
And LOVE LOVE LOVE the project! The image and how it fits
on the project, the details, the soft coloring...
It is just really cool...thanks so much for linking to ABC!

~Leah

Anonymous said...

Goodness me! YOUR clock box is Stunning totally Awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I want one!! Thank you for joining the DT for a Guest Designer! Its a total Pleasure to have you on the team this time! hugs Samantha TTT DT xx

Barb Hardeman said...

OH, this is absolutely gorgeous and what a fabulous idea! Love the details and gorgeous lace around the edge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites this month...hugs...Barb <><

Jessi Fogan said...

oh em gee, this is incredible! What a clever idea - would make such a neat gift! - and how CUTE is the scene? I love it! Thanks for Playing in Paradise with us :)

fairyrocks said...

Love this tick tock creation.It is so pretty in the brown and beige color pallet. In fact it would look wonderful at my house...just saying...
Thank You for Playing in Paradise with us this week

Merlie said...

Wow! That's amazing! Thanks for playing in Paradise.

Louise said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Dawn! ♥
Love this idea, it´s so smashing :) Amazing colouring and awesome details :) Gorgeous!

Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC this week :)
Welcome back!
Hugs ♥

Angela Fehr said...

That is just precious and stunning! Love it!

Allison Rankin said...

That is awesome...I will send my address shortly (giggle!). Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!!

inge said...

Wow, this is a great project. Great stamping and colouring.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia!

XX Inge

Debbie Pamment said...

OH WOW - I just LOVE this idea - and the colours are just gorgeous too!
Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW, your box is fantastic!! I love it, thanks so much for sharing your work with us at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Distressed Miss said...

Oh this is simply stunning, I love it, I want one!!
Thanks for joining us at ABC this week.
Hugs
Clare
xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Dawn...WOW!!! My apologies for taking so long to get over here, but now that I am...WOW (again). Your clock is spectacular and I have had the best time admiring it. I doubt it would be much help in getting me out of bed. Something that cute on my nightstand would cause me to stay under the covers and just admire it! :D
So happy you joined us this time around for the GDT spot at Top Tip Tuesday. It's been a pleasure admiring your creativity.
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Dawn!
I really love this clock. So beautifully made. I love your coloring.
Hugs Maz

Aunty Sue said...

Wow Dawn would never have thought to do this and what a wonderful gift this would make. Thanks for sharing your inspiration. Sue xx

Tracy said...

Wow, how clever are you! This looks amazing and great colouring too! Thankyou for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Tracy xx

Nicola said...

Totally awesome creation Dawn, I'm so inspired by your clock, the image is coloured beautifully and the whole thing is designed to perfection!
Hugs Nicola xxx